EMPTY CAR INQUIRY
Computer program used in the Distribution of Empty Equipment on Southern Railway providing the following information about equipment: (1) A description of car including per diem, nominal capacity, last commodity (if available), assignments and other information. (2) A description of how car can be loaded in compliance with existing rules and directives. (3) Instruction on where car can be sent on line to be loaded if not needed. (4) Instructions on how to return car to owner if not needed for loading on Southern. The information is used by field forces to distribute empty equipment. This inquiry also verifies interchanges and indicates those cars that are being improperly delivered to Southern. This information is available on an inquiry basis at over 70 locations on the railroad.
- Direct requests to J.R. Martin, AVP, Transportation Planning, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA United States 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Car distribution (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Carpools; Computer programs; Contract rates; Empty cars (Railroads); Information storage and retrieval systems; Interchanges; Loading and unloading; Origin and destination
- Old TRIS Terms: Empty car assignment; Loading rules; Per diem rates
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131888
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM