COMPUTERIZED CLASSIFICATION TABLES
Table is used to automatically furnish classification codes of traffic moving via TIPS yards, for use by use by the Yards' mini-computers in automatic classification of cars. The classification codes are obtained by processing car data for cars contained in trains destined to TIPS location. This data is processed against the classification table at the Atlanta Computer Complex and transmitted to the TIPS computers upon request. The system was designed to use the central computer complex to develop the codes because all data required for the development was available at that location. It also permits easy expansion of the system to include other yards.
- Direct requests to J.R. Martin, AVP, Transportation Planning. Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Computer programs; Data processing; Hump yards; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Minicomputers; Origin and destination; Train consist; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced consists; Classification yard operations; Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131885
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM