CABOOSE DISTRIBUTION MODEL
This computer program is an extension of the locomotive Distribution Model (17 131881) but incorporates added logic to handle the problem of different connection times at terminals where direction of inbound and outbound trains is a factor. Since the problem of variable classes associated with different types of locomotives is not present with cabooses, the model can be used to analyze total system caboose requirements.
- Direct requests to R.L. Sauder, Dirctor, Operations Research, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Cabooses; Car distribution (Railroads); Computer programs; Inventory; Locomotive utilization; Utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00131884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM