FINANCIAL PLANNING MODEL
This program produces an Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, and various financial and operating ratios for five one-year periods with the first year shown by quarters. It is operable in a time-sharing environment only. Deterministic in nature, the program requires substantial initial data from the user, after which be may make data changes by means of a simple conversation mode. Technical highlights are the internal handling of long-term and short-term debt, financial charges, capital investments, depreciation (ICC and IRS) and state and federal taxes.
- Direct requests to R.L. Sauder, Director, Operations Research, Southern Railway. Publications: "Corporate Planning goes on the Southern", Progressive Railroading, May 1974. "The Role of Data Systems in Corporate Planning", AAR Data Systems Division, Papers and Committee Reports Presented at the 1975 Annual Meeting.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Capital costs; Capital investments; Cash flow; Computer programs; Depreciation; Economic analysis; Finance; Forecasting; Taxation
- Old TRIS Terms: Cost of capital; Five year plans
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131883
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM