LOCOMOTIVE DISTRIBUTIONAL MODEL
The computer program can be used to plan locomotive usage by developing optimal cycles for classes of power. The out-of-kilter and other network flow algorithms are used in developing the solution. In addition to the power cycles, the model produces a daily power assignment list and a bar graph of inventories by hour of day at each terminal. The user may specify connection times by schedule, terminal or total system.
- Direct requests to R.L. Sauder, Director, Operations Research, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA United States 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Horsepower; Locomotive utilization; Network analysis (Planning); Scheduling; Simulation
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Network flows
- Old TRIS Terms: Motive power; Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131881
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM