TRAIN PERFORMACE CALCULATOR
This version of the TPC computer program can operate in either of two modes: first, to derive the minimum running time and fuel consumption of a specifically defined train over a track segment; second, to determine tonnage ratings for various types of locomotives over specified territories. Track profile and speed restrictions for the entire System, as well as locomotive characteristics, are maintained on tape and are automatically extracted for input to a TPC run. Dynamic braking is included within the model logic.
- Direct requests to R.L. Sauder, Director, Operations Research, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System99 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA United States 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Fuel consumption; Locomotive utilization; Running time; Scheduling; Tonnage ratings; Train operations
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 360; Train performance calculator
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM