MOVE CODES - LOGIC AND STRUCTURE
This computer program involves move codes that are tables, defined for each of eighty-five major terminals, which specify how an outbound car is to be handled, based on the final destination of the car. Tables specify trains on which car is eligible to move, next destination of each eligible train, block in which car is to be placed, the next security check point and tonnage translation code. Through the use of Move Codes, it is possible to define acceptable routes between specified points and to predict total transit time. Tonnage reports of cars on hand in the yard, accumulated by selected next destinations are produced upon inquiry from real time system. Connection reports are produced at selected locations to determine performance against a plan.
- Direct requests to J.R. Martin, AVP, Transportation Planning, Southern Railway.
Southern Railway System125 Spring Street, SW
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Data collection; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Management information systems; Origin and destination; Routing; Scheduling; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131879
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Southern Railway System
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1977 12:00AM