TRAIN MEET CALCULATOR
This computer program is a model to assist in planning for an optimum passing track arrangement and to study the various effects on the overall operation of train schedules, delays, priorities, work enroute, tonnages and lengths. The model simulates a dispatcher's logic and can be run with fixed (scheduled) input or by using historical data, or any combination thereof. The model can handle up to 36 passing tracks (and/or stretches of double track) and 20 trains, and run 98 days. Significant changes are not detected beyond 28-35 days. Extra trains can be generated. Trains can enter or exit at any point. Delays by type can be isolated to study their effects. Maximum use has been made of randomization of events. Output consists of statistical data and an optional simulated CTC graph.
- Direct requests to L.A. Thomas, Director Operations Planning, St. Louis - San Francisco Railway.
St Louis - San Francisco Railway Company3253 East Trafficway
Springfield, MO United States 65802
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Computer programs; Dispatchers; Double track; Operations; Railroad facility operations; Running time; Scheduling; Single track; Switching; Tonnage ratings
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Dispatcher's tasks; Operating strategies; Train meets
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: St Louis - San Francisco Railway Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM