TERMINAL SERVICE EVALUATION
Computer program produces daily report of elapsed time and per diem charges by pairs of activities (e.g., arrival to industry placement), including up to 48 stations or terminals. At each location, activity pairs are grouped by cars outbound, cars inbound, cars switching (e.g., set to release industries). Activity pairs are summarized daily giving totals and averages for current day, past seven days, and month to date. Activities of trailers and containers are identically reported in four sections and summarized daily. Terminal Performance Analysis report generated tri-monthly presents graphs, plotting daily average elapsed hours within activity pairs and a corresponding 7-day moving average. Alphabetic grades A through F are shown for performance each day according to (1) Level of Service, (2) Service consistency, and (3) Alphabetic average of items 1 and 2. Activity pairs and stations to be included in TPA can be added or changed prior to the beginning of the month for which analysis is desired.
- Direct requests to G.R. Clinkenbeard, Director Transportation Services and Planning, St. Louis - San Francisco Railway. Publication in Railway Age, July 31, 1972.
St Louis - San Francisco Railway Company3253 East Trafficway
Springfield, MO USA 65802
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Computer programs; Contract rates; Freight terminals; Freight transportation; Intermodal terminals; Origin and destination; Quality of service; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Reliability; Scheduling; Switching; Train operations; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Per diem rates; Train performance; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00131874
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: St Louis - San Francisco Railway Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM