MATERIAL INVENTORY MODEL
The Material Inventory Model is a computer program designed to model the operation of N&W's Material Inventory Control System. Taking past usage and other factors for each item in inventory as input, the program projects the usage, ordering, and inventory values into the future. The ordering algorithm is described in IBM's publication "IMPACT - Inventory Management Program and Control Techniques" (E20-8105). The program is used to evaluate the effects on service level and inventory caused by changes in order control factors. The program is designed to interface to NW's Inventory Control System and it is not a general-purpose model.
- Direct requests to W.C. Doughty, Computer Services Department, N&W Railway.
Norfolk and Western Railway8 North Jefferson Street
Roanoke, VA United States 24011
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Inventory; Management information systems; Materials management; Purchasing
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131777
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Norfolk and Western Railway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM