TRAIN PERFORMANCE CALCULATOR
This computer program is a simulation of a single train across a segment of the railroad that takes into account grade, curvature, speed limits, train consist, and type of locomotives. Gives the minimum running time, i.e., does not take into account interaction with other trains, however, speed limit changes and intermediate stops may be specified. Also fuel consumption is calculated. May be used to test the effect on running time and fuel consumption of a variety of changes, such as speed limits, tonnage, locomotives, or line changes. Also the model can be used in establishing tonnage ratings. The program uses several disk files for storing track data and route information.
- Direct requests to W.C. Doughty, Computer Services Department, N&W Railways.
Norfolk and Western Railway8 North Jefferson Street
Roanoke, VA United States 24011
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Fuel consumption; Lines of track; Locomotive utilization; Relocation (Facilities); Scheduling; Speed limits; Tonnage ratings; Train operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Ibm 370; Line relocation; Operating strategies; Pl/i; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131776
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Norfolk and Western Railway
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM