LOCOMOTIVE COMPONENT PERFORMANCE SYSTEM
The objectives of this computer program are to centralize locomotive component data for greater accessibility, increase warranty redemption, retain history of component failures, and provide information for periodic replacement or maintenance of particular components. Each mechanical repair point reports the removals and installation of selected locomotive components. The selection of these components was made based on value and amount of service required. Each time a component is installed, data about its repair vendor, mileage, warranty, and possibly last service date are reported. When the component is removed the reason for removal and disposition are given. This information is provided by the mechanical forces. Mileage figures for each component are supplied by a separate statistical system which accumulates mileage on locomotives. Management information is provided by reports about component history, component servicing, warranties, and locomotive assignments. Special reports are generated as needed with use of a user-oriented retrieval system.
- Direct requests to Manager Off-Line Systems MoPac Railroad.
Missouri Pacific Railroad CompanyMissouri Pacific Building, 210 North 13th Street
St Louis, MO United States 63103
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Diesel engines; Locomotives; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Management information systems; Operating costs; Planning; Reliability; Trend (Statistics); Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine maintenance; Locomotive maintenance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131773
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Missouri Pacific Railroad Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM