Computer program which calculates most economical means of allocating a large fleet of locomotives of different kinds over a wide range of train service defined by route and by performance standard. The program assigns each type of locomotive to each train service but does not deal with the day-to-day location of each individual unit. This model uses the input from the FRATE movement cost program. It has been running successfully since May 1973, but means are being developed currently to improve the data input arrangement which is somewhat time consuming.
- Direct requests to Director of Technical and Operations Research, CP Rail. Publications: Better Equipment-Greater Profit, presented at the Fourth International Symposium on Railroad Cybernetics, Washington, D.C., P.J. Detmold and R. Klein, April 1974.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Costs; Economic analysis; Locomotive utilization; Management information systems; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Pacific Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM