FRATE RAIL COST OPERATING MODEL
Computer program which calculates the cost of freight train movement in a very broad range of physical (e.g., route terrain, etc.), technical, and financial circumstances. Over 70 parameters are considered. The program may be used to evaluate the cost effect of locomotives of various specification, cars of various design, train performance standards, train size, changes in factor prices, etc. This model can be used in conjunction with the Minimum Distribution Cost Model or as input to Motive Power Purchasing Policy or Allocation models of more sophisticated kinds.
- Direct requests to Director of Technical and Operations Research, CP Rail. Publications Better Equipment-Greater Profit, presented at the Fourth International Symposium on Railroad Cybernetics, Washington, D.C., by P.J. Detmold and R. Klein, April 1974. Various articles published in Transportation Research Forum Annual Proceedings by P.J. Detmold and R.A. Shea.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programs; Costs; Horsepower; Locomotive utilization; Train makeup; Train operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Motive power; Operating strategies; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131767
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Pacific Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM