ELECTRICAL POWER LOAD PROGRAM
Computer program to calculate power factors and energy consumption rates for a section of electrified railway line. Takes single train characteristics from TPC, combines these with specific traffic pattern to produce overall electrical power load for a period of time - from particular feeder stations established power factors and energy rates. Programmed in Fortran for CDC 6400.
- Direct requests to Director of Technical and Operations Research, CP Rail.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Electric power supply; Electric substations; Energy consumption; Planning; Power factor (Electricity); Railroad electrification; Travel patterns
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic patterns
- Old TRIS Terms: Cdc 6400; Operating strategies; Power factor
- Subject Areas: Energy; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Pacific Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM