SINGLE TRACK LINE OPERATING MODEL
Computer program which calculates average transit time characteristics as a function of train density for a particular section of rail line - single track with sidings. These characteristics are used to established a cost forecast for a particular operation on a specified railroad plant. An economic program evaluates various modified operations on a number of modified plants to determine the most economical single track railroad expansion strategy. Given an operating philosophy on a single track railroad for a certain forecast period, the program determines the cash flow for that operation including the ownership cost of increasing congestion delays. This procedure is repeated for a number of changes to the railroad plant and/or operation philosophy and an economic program evaluates the results to establish the most economical railroad expansion strategy.
- Direct requests to Director of Technical and Operations Research, CP Rail.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Capital investments; Cash flow; Computer programs; Costs; Decision making; Forecasting; Operating costs; Railroad facility operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Finance; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131765
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Pacific Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM