MATERIAL INVENTORY MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Computer program for management of material inventory which comprises the basic elements of cataloging order, forecasting and reviewing all items under control. Some of the principles in IBM's IMPACT (Inventory Management Program and Control Technique) have been adopted. The procedure involves (a) calculation of re-order point accomplished by application of a statistical technique using mean absolute deviation, (b) forecast demand by means of exponential smoothing, and (c) derivation of economic order quantity by relating the value of issues, the cost of procurement and carrying of inventory.
- Direct requests to G.H. Cockburn, Manager of Stores, C.P. Rail.
Canadian Pacific LimitedWindsor Station
Montreal, Quebec H3C 3E4, Canada
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Economic analysis; Management information systems; Materials management; Purchasing; Statistical analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131763
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Pacific Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM