REDUCING THE HYDRAULIC DRAG IN PIPELINES WITH POLYMER ADDITIVES
The addition of small amounts of high molecular weight compounds to water or to petroleum products significantly reduces the turbulent friction during the flow of these liquids. The aim of the present article is a detailed and systematic exposition of the experimental results obtained in studies of this effect.
- Translation of Gidromekhanika (USSR) N17, pp105-113, 1971.
Joint Publications Research Service,
- Bazilevich, V A
- Shabrin, A N
- Publication Date: 1972-2-29
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Drag; Friction; Pipe flow; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Friction reduction; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM