FATIGUE IN BOAT OPERATIONS: THE DEVELOPMENT OF A VISUAL ALERTNESS STRESSOR TEST (VAST)
Research in the design, construction, and development of the Visual Alertness Stressor Test (VAST) as a means of measuring the effects of stressors on a boat operator's performance is discussed. The basic measures taken were the response times and the number of missed signals. Diagram and tables show data.
- Human Factors Society, 19th Annual Meeting, Proceedings, Dallas, Texas, October 14-16, 1975.
Human Factors Society1134 Montana
Santa Monica, CA USA 90403
- Stiehl, C C
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 494-497
- TRT Terms: Fatigue (Physiological condition); Human error; Human factors engineering; Ship pilotage; Watchkeeping
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00137988
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM