THE EFFECT OF TEMPERATURE ON DRAG REDUCTION EFFECTIVENESS OF POLYOX AND OF POLYACRYLAMIDE
Solutions in tap water of three commercial polymers were examined for pipe flow drag reduction, measured by determination of skin friction coefficient over an eleven foot length of pipe.
Admiralty Research LaboratoryTeddington, England
- Pike, EWA
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Drag; Pipe flow; Polymers; Skin friction
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00034433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARL/C/N9 TRC-BR27989
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM