OVERVIEW OF CURRENT EFFORTS TO DETECT AND PREVENT STEEL WHEEL FAILURES
Review of the nature of railroad wheels, including their more detrimental defects and conditions, and several of the nondestructive detection and evaluation techniques currently being considered for use in their assessment are presented, and data in tabular and graphical form are appended.
- Presented at the 22 nd Meeting of Mech Failures Prev Group, Anaheim, Calif., Apr. 23-25, 1975.
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: p. 261-288
- TRT Terms: Defects; Detectors; Equipment tests; Failure; Flaw detection; Inspection; Nondestructive tests; Ultrasonic tests; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Magnetic flaw detection; Test equipment; Wheel defects; Wheel failure
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136407
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 436 Spec. Publ
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM