COAL TRANSSHIPMENT-A NEW ERA. CLEAN COAL TO HELP SOLVE ENERGY CRISES
The Superior Coal Terminal at Superior, Wisc., is designed to transfer western coal bound for Detroit Edison generating stations from 110-car Burlington Northern unit trains to bulk carriers of up to 60,000-ton capacity for movement down the Great Lakes. The intermodal transhipment terminal design and construction are described.
- Spring 1976 issue. Published in "NOTES".
Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade and Douglas, IncorporatedOne Penn Plaza
New York, NY United States 10119
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 6-9
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo handling; Coal; Coal industry; Environmental protection; Freight traffic; Marine terminals; Operations; Port structures; Ports; Unit trains
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk handling
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00135215
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 23 1976 12:00AM