THE APPLICATION OF THE FINITE ELEMENT METHOD TO MULTIHULLED SHIP STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
The applicability of the finite element technique to the structural problems of the multihulled ship is investigated. Specific information required as data for the use of this method is identified. Limited information on costs of the use of such a method is documented. Extrapolation of this cost information enables a reasonable estimate to be made of the cost of a complete analysis.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterBethesda, MD United States 20034
- Genalis, P
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Catamarans; Finite element method; Hulls; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull structures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3780 Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM