HYDRODYNAMIC CHARACTERISTICS OF PRISMATIC BARGES
The forces and moments acting on prismatic hulls are presented, for both wave excitation and motions. Using these charts a platform designer can easily calculate the motions of a barge in head seas or beam seas. An example is given to illustrate the procedure for calculating motions. In addition, predicted motions for several barge configurations agree well with corresponding model experiments.
- Presented at Annual Offshore Technology Conference (3rd), Houston, Texas, 19-21 April 1971.
Stevens Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering
Hoboken, NJ USA
- Kim, C H
- HENRY, C J
- Chou, F
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Hydrodynamics; Motion; Wave motion
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge configurations; Barge motions; Hydrodynamic configurations
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034425
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOAA-71092701
- Contract Numbers: NSF-GH-107
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1973 12:00AM