DOUBLE HULL EFFECTIVENESS ANALYSIS
This report describes the analysis of tank barge damage as reported in special survey reports from Coast Guard field inspectors. The damages were analyzed in terms of general type, frequency of occurrence in various areas of the barge and general size to develop measures for the effectiveness of double barriers in eliminating tank penetrations. Estimates for expected benefits of various double-barrier options are discussed.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Office of Research and Development's Technical Representative for this project was D.E. Laaksonen.
Battelle Columbus Laboratories505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH United States 43201
- Leis, R D
- Publication Date: 1974-11-11
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Twin hulled ships; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge design; Collision damage protection; Double hull barges
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Report/Paper Numbers: CG-D-88-76 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-23223-A TSK16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM