STRUCTURE OF LAKE ICE AND METEOROLOGICAL CONDITIONS
Questions on the composition, structure and various features of ice in nature have been the subject of attention for more than half a century, but few works are devoted to river, lake or stream ice, and ground ice. The document reports on the composition and structure of the ice of several lakes in the North-West region and in southeastern Russia studied by the author from 1914 through 1924.
- Translation of Gosudarstvennyi Gidrologicheskii Institut. Izvestiya (USSR) Volume 14, pp31-51, 1925.
Arctic Institute of North America3426 North Washington Boulevard
Arlington, VA United States 22201
- Molchannov IV
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Ice; Ice phenomena; Lake ice; Physical properties; River ice
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ice properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice characteristics
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00034419
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CRREL-TL309
- Contract Numbers: DACW35-68-C-0069
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 29 1972 12:00AM