CANADIAN GREAT LAKES SHIPPING: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
This bibliography was prepared as a reference base for the research interests of the National Transportation Policy Project Group on Canadian Marine Transportation, and to determine the scope of the literature on Canadian Great Lakes shipping. The materials in the bibliography cover the period from 1950 to date, with particular emphasis on the years following the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway in 1959. The three major topics covered are economic history, labour, and regulation, with the appropriate subject subdivisions. Included as appendices are lists of these and journal articles which have generally been omitted from the main part of the bibliography. The third appendix is a brief listing of supplementary materials on Great Lakes shipping. Both Canadian and American publications are included in the bibliography.
Toronto-York University Joint Program in Transportation4700 Keele Street, Room 430 Osgoode Hall
Downsview, Ontario Canada M3J 1P3
- Patterson, S S
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Inland water transportation; Shipping
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00141485
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Arctic Consulting Services Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 37 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM