UNSTEADY FLOW CALCULATIONS BY NUMERICAL METHODS
A review of methods of handling unsteady flow problems in metal pipes by numerical methods is undertaken. The characteristic method, typifying explicit methods, and the centered implicit method are developed, including the manner in which various boundary conditions are introduced into the solutions. High velocity in which flow cases with the velocity of flow of the same order of magnitude as the pulse wave speed are reveiwed. Complex boundary conditions in relation to turbomachinery, column separation, and the compressed gas accumulator are examined.
- Paper presented at meeting November 28-December 2, 1971.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Streeter, V L
- Publication Date: 1971-11-28
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Fluid dynamics; Hydrodynamic pressure; Pipe flow; Unsteady flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrodynamic forces
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00034415
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap 71-WA/FE-13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1972 12:00AM