RAILROAD FREIGHT CAR CLASSIFICATION YARDS: INSTALLATIONS 1924-1976
Mechanized classification yards have undergone many design and operating changes since their introduction in 1924. This report is a tabulation of all railroad freight classification yard installations in the U.S. and Canada. Information shows year placed in service, railroad, yard name and location, major equipment supplier, number of tracks and type of control. Also included is hardware configuration, use of computers, peripheral equipment and other data of interest.
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA USA
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification yards; Control systems; Design; Documents; History; Hump yards; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Retarder control; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation
- Old TRIS Terms: Yard and terminal control; Yard capacity; Yard design
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; History; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141426
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bull. No. 300
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM