EVOLUTION OF AUTOMATIC CONTROLS IN THE CLASSIFICATION TERMINAL AREA
The automatic control systems associated with classification yards are performing both process control and management information functions to provide for the functioning of yard operations hardware and to manipulate data into report format. From the 15 yards equipped with digital computers, it is anticipated that there will be both new installations and an extensive updating of older automatic, manual and analog-computer controlled yards. Each will require systems engineering with a high degree of sophistication.
- Presented at the IEEE Convention in New York City, March 21, 1972.
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA USA
- De Ivernois, P J
- Publication Date: 1972-3-21
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Classification yards; Control systems; Hump yards; Information systems; Management information systems; Railroad terminals; Railroad yards; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Yard and terminal control; Yard and terminal information systems
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141425
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bull. N. 282 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM