BASIC TRACK CIRCUIT LIMITATIONS
The conventional steady energy DC track circuit, the coded track, single- and double-element AC, the single-rail, double-rail and jointless track circuits are discussed in terms of their variables and the basic limitations of 0.06 ohm shunting sensitivity and broken-rail protection. Source voltage, track relays, ballast resistance and rail impedance are explained for each case.
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA United States
- Carey, A J
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train protection; Ballast (Railroads); Electric batteries; Fail safe systems; Failure; Rail (Railroads); Safety; Signal devices; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast; Broken rails
- Old TRIS Terms: Audio frequency track circuits; Signal systems; Train protection
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141423
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bull. N. 261 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 3 1976 12:00AM