DESIGN WAVE INFORMATION FOR THE GREAT LAKES; REPORT 2. LAKE ONTARIO
This report contains hindcast wave information that is applicable to many planning and design purposes on Lake Ontario. Historical wind data from three stations along Lake Ontario served as input to the numerical hindcast model, and significant wave heights were calculated for 5-, 10-, 20-, 50-, and 100-yr return periods. These results are provided in tabular form for 17 points along the Lake Ontario shoreline. The mean significant period for each of these wave heights is also given. Information is provided for four seasons of the year and is separated into three approach directions relative to shore.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Resio, D T
- Vincent, C L
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Coast and river protective works; Flood protection; Measurement; Ports; Storms; Wave height; Wave measurement; Wind waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Port storm protection
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141402
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. H-76-1 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM