SUPERPLASTICIZING ADMIXTURES IN CONCRETE
The current terminology related to superplasticizers is defined, the type of chemical used and the general mode of action are described, and the available test data on concrete properties are collated. The historical background of the production of flowing concrete is reviewed, and details are given of mix design. The method and areas of application are described, and the dependence of superplasticizing action on cement type is discussed. The measurement of workability or placeability of flowing concrete, the properties of flowing concrete in the fresh state, the properties of hardened concrete, and standards relevant to such concrete are also covered. The production of water-reduced high- strength concrete is outlined and the properties of the fresh and hardened concretes are reviewed. Comments are made on the costs of these types of concrete.
Cement and Concrete AssociationWexham Spring
Slough SL3 6PL, Buckinghamshire, England
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Chemicals; Concrete; Concrete hardening; Concrete placing; Costs; High strength concrete; Mix design; Physical properties; Plasticizers; Standards; Superplasticizers; Workability
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete properties; Hardened concrete
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00141377
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM