CONCRETE MANUAL: A WATER RESOURCES TECHNICAL PUBLICATION
This manual which is designed for use by construction engineers and inspectors, provides engineering data and outlines methods and procedures to be followed in administering construction specifications and contracts. Important properties of concrete and the effects of various factors on the properties of concretes are reviewed, and the investigation and selection of concrete materials is detailed. Prospecting for aggregate materials, exploration of natural aggregate deposits, facilities for materials testing, selection of aggregates, and pozzolanic materials are covered. Details of mix design, as well as inspection, field laboratory facilities, and reports are described. Concrete manufacturing, handling, placing, finishing and curing, and repair and maintenance are other areas covered in the manual. Information is also provided on special types of concrete and mortar: lightweight; heavy weight; nailing; porous; preplaced aggregate; prestressed; vacuum processed; concrete floor finish; shotcrete; grouting mortar; mortar lining; and concrete polymer materials.
Bureau of ReclamationDenver Federal Center
Denver, CO USA 80225
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 627 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Concrete; Concrete curing; Concrete finishing; Concrete placing; Construction; Field tests; Grout; Inspection; Laboratories; Maintenance; Manuals; Manufacturing; Materials management; Materials tests; Mix design; Mortar; Physical properties; Polymer concrete; Pozzolan; Shotcrete; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete properties; Construction specifications
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00141376
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM