REVENUE SOURCES FOR TRANSIT SUPPORT: TRANSPORTATION FINANCE TASK FORCE
This report which has been created primarily to support the development of legislative proposals for sufficient revenues to increase the level of public investment in transportation services, reviews transportation needs, analyzes existing financial resources, selects and evaluates new or expanded financial resources, and discusses related issues. New and existing funding sources (property taxes, sales taxes, fuel taxes, vehicle changes, fares and tolls) were evaluated according to criteria related to equitability, revenue productivity economic responsiveness, transportation relatedness, planning goals, administrative suitability, and political viability. The budgeted 3-year program and 10-year plan of expenditures for transit in the Bay Area is discussed, as well as the distribution of transit funds according to federal, state and local categoreis. It is observed that revenues derived from operations will continue to provide roughly one-third of transit operating budget needs.
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionHotel Claremont
Berkeley, CA United States 94705
- Publication Date: 1975-10-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 334 p.
- TRT Terms: Expenditures; Finance; Investments; Laws; Politics; Revenues; Taxation; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00141356
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 15 1976 12:00AM