A SHORT RANGE TRANSPORTATION PLAN OF THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF GOVERNMENTS
The Short Range Transportation Plan of the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) is designed to address near term transportation problems and solutions by detailing in terms of time, cost and effectiveness all transportation planning activities for the next five years. The proposed short range transportation improvements for the SCAG region include preferential treatment on freeways and major arterials for high occupancy vehicles, carpool action programs, transit development strategies, bicycle related programs and commuter rail service. A monitoring and evaluation process is included in the Short Range Plan so that individual ilmprovements can be assessed and the cumulative effects of these improvements on air quality can be determined.
- Sponsored in part by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Washington, D.C.
Southern California Association of Governments600 South Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 1000
Los Angeles, CA United States 90005
- Publication Date: 1974-4-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Air content; Arterial highways; Assessments; Bicycles; Carpools; Cost effectiveness; Evaluation; Freeways; Monitoring; Railroad commuter service; Streets; Time; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00141270
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 13 1981 12:00AM