MEASURED ILLUMINATION CHARACTERISTICS OF THE 1975 HEADLAMPS
S.A.E. type and E.C.E. type headlamps were examined in photometric laboratories. This report describes the 1975 headlamp population and discusses the illumination measurement and intensity mapping procedures. Appendices are included which provide details concerning the mappings and incorporates the contour plots for the intensity maps. Statistics are presented for the purpose of comparing the headlamps in this particular sample among themselves and also with other headlamps examined previously. The 3 E.C.E. type headlamps were all dual beam types of the 5 3/4 inch round form. Both low and high beam modes were considered. The 43 S.A.E. headlamps consisted of both single and dual beam headlamps in both 5 3/4 inch round and rectangular forms.
National Aeronautical Establishment, CanadaMontreal Road
Ottawagton, ONo K1A ORG, Canada
- Harrison, A L
- Publication Date: 1976-3-24
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 159 p.
- TRT Terms: Headlamps; High beamed headlamps; Light; Low beamed headlamps; Mapping; Measurement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Intensity
- Old TRIS Terms: High beamed headlights; Low beamed headlights
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141264
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: LTR-ST 845 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM