TRI-LEVEL ACCIDENT RESEARCH STUDY
The Tri-Level Accident Study for the period January 1, 1975 to December 31, 1974 was conducted in the eight-county Western New York area known as the Niagara Frontier. The program was conducted by the Accident Research Branch of the Transportation Safety Department, Calspan Corporation, Buffalo, New York and was sponsored jointly by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association, Inc. Primary emphasis in this multi-level program is placed on data collection. This report describes the data collection system, the data collected and data presentations to sponsors. An edit program developed for use with Level 2b (towaway) data also is described.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- Garrett, J Q
- BECKER, E A
- Hendricks, D L
- Morris, D F
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Data collection; Multidisciplinary teams; Research
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00141157
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ZQ-5443-V-1-R Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-3-609, CAL MVMA 7406-C4.11
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM