PROCEEDINGS OF A SEMINAR ON TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH AND EDUCATION, 7 AND 8 FEBRUARY 1972
This seminar was to establish communication between university researchers and potential users such as railways and to look at broad relationships between transportation education and transportation research. Contents: Magnetic Levitation and Linear Motor for Guided Ground Transportation; Guided Radar for Obstacle Detection in Guided Ground Transportation; The Arctic Railway; New Perspectives in Transportation Energy; University of Toronto/York University Joint Program in Transportation; A Communications System for Long Trains; Research on the Performance of Railroad Fills; Longitudinal Steady State Control of Multi-Locomotive Powered Trains; Lateral Vibration in Long Trains; A Network Flow Model for Mainline Rail Freight; The Transportation Centre at UBC and Its Role.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Development; Education; Embankments; High speed ground transportation; Intelligent transportation systems; Multiple unit locomotives; Network analysis (Planning); Personnel development; Positive train control; Railroads; Research; Train track dynamics; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Network flows; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Railway to the arctic; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00141135
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM