BULK SERVICE QUEUES: WITH APPLICATION TO TRAIN ASSEMBLY TIMES
This mathematical study considers the queuing problem associated with assembly of outboard trains. Tables summarize the formulas for the mean and variance of the queue length and waiting time distributions in classification yard operations.
- This work was supported by CIGGT Project 5-10.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- Petersen, E R
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Classification yards; Mathematical models; Quality of service; Queuing theory; Simulation; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Yard simulation models; Yard throughput
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00141132
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 71-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 1 1977 12:00AM