PROCEEDINGS OF A SEMINAR ON RESEARCH AND INNOVATIONS IN GUIDED GROUND TRANSPORT
This Proceedings is of a conference aimed at research and innovation in guided ground transport. Contents: Energy Trends and Their Effect on Transportation Models; An Analysis of the Rail Distribution of Natural Gas; Future Railway Research; Direct Recording of Rail-Wheel Parameters; An Observational Study of Road-User Behaviour at Railway Crossings; A Linear Synchronous Motor for Electrodynamically-Levitated Vehicles; The Canadian Freight Transport Model Project; Decentralizing Control for Multi-Locomotive Powered Trains; Laboratory Performance of Railroad Ballast; A Data Acquisition System; Improvement of Automatic Coupling-Up Performance in Marshalling Yards; Innovations in Guided Ground Transport; Railway Safety and Its Research Needs; Electrification: Status Report and Future Outlook; Magnetic Levitation and Linear Motor for Ground Transportation; Urban Guided Ground Transportation; Transportation or Communications?
- Proceedings, Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport Seminar, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 16-17, 1974.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- Ganton, T D
- MacDonald, J A
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 406 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Railroads); Couplers; Data collection; Development; Energy consumption; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Linear motors; Liquefied natural gas; Magnetic levitation; Mathematical models; Mechanical properties; Multiple unit locomotives; Railroad electrification; Railroad grade crossings; Research; Synchronous motors; Technological forecasting; Traffic forecasting; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic couplers; Ballast mechanics; Energy intensiveness
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Freight Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00141125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Report/Paper Numbers: CIGGT Rept. N. 75-1 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM