CIGGT TRANSPORTATION DATA BASE DESCRIPTION AND USAGE
A transportation data base, established by CIGGT to provide a comparative multi-modal, multi-commodity structure, is described. The data base contains annual commodity flow data for Rail, Truck and Vessel, beginning in 1970. The system supporting this data base is detailed. This system includes programs to edit raw data, integrate it into the data base, and, using a general retrieval program (written in MARK IV), to perform selective retrievals. The structures of all files, codes and retrieval techniques are presented in sufficient detail to permit a potential user to structure his request in a form compatible with the data base system.
- One of a series of three companion reports resulting from the Canadian Freight Transport Model project. The other two are: No. 75-11, "The Railcar Network Model," E.R. Petersen, H.V. Fullerton, et al, June 1975; No. 75-14, "Freight Mode Selection in Canada," Ronald E. Turner, October, 1975.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- GRAHAM, L J
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Competition; Databases; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Information storage and retrieval systems; Motor carriers; Origin and destination; Statistics; Traffic forecasting; Transportation modes; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00141122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Institute of Guided Ground Transport
- Report/Paper Numbers: CIGGT Rept. N. 75-12R&D Rept.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM