A PARAMETRIC INVESTIGATION OF THE VALIDITY OF 1/25 SCALE AUTOMOBILE AERODYNAMIC TESTING
Wind tunnel tests have been performed measuring the aerodynamic forces and underbody boundary layer profiles for 1/25 scale models. The trends of the force coefficients with Reynolds number, the underbody boundary layer profiles, and the influence of the ground plane boundary layer on the force coefficients of small scale models has been shown to be similar with previous results from larger models. This study has shown the usefulness of small scale models for parametric studies of automobile aerodynamics.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Doberenz, M E
- Selberg, B P
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Automobiles; Boundary layer; Scale models; Wind tunnels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139993
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760189
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM