RECOMMENDED STANDARDS FOR THE SERVICE BRAKES ON LARGE TRUCKS IN MOUNTAIN MINING SERVICE
a Energy Resources Conservation Board commissioned a technical review of present service brake practice and a study of the requirements when trucks are utilized in mountain mining service. This paper summarizes the recommendations emanating from that study for the service brake and emergency brake systems. A comparison is drawn of the recommended standards with the requirements of SAE Recommended Practice J166.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Walker, G M
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Emergencies; Mining; Mountains; Standards; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck brakes
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00139973
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760430
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM