FREQUENCY OUTPUT PRESSURE SENSORS BASED ON AN APPLICATION OF SURFACE ACOUSTIC WAVE TECHNOLOGY
A new type of frequency output pressure sensor is described which utilizes a novel application of Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology. Variations in SAW velocity over a miniature pressure dependent diaphragm are used to control the frequency of an electronic feedback oscillator. Prototype SAW pressure sensors have been built which provide a frequency output that varies almost linearly with applied pressure and is accurate to better than 0.2 percent of full scale.
- From: Sensors for electronic systems, 51-59, 1976. (SAE SP-404).
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Cullen, D E
- Sauder, OAJ
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Electronic equipment; Feedback control; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Oscillation; Pressure gages; Rayleigh waves; Sound; Sound
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic devices; Pressure sensors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139972
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760093
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM