ENGINE MASS AIR FLOW METER
At Ford Motor Company, one car engineering concept that has been under development for several years is a precision engine air input measuring meter. Using both temperature and pressure sensors to normalize incoming air calculations, this vortex shedding principle meter constantly reports at a high electronic data rate to mass air inflow to the engine. Key elements of this composite device are economical, wide range, high accuracy sensors.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Cartmell, B C
- Zeisler, F L
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Flow; Flowmeters; Fuel air mixtures; Pressure gages; Temperature sensors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Metering; Pressure sensors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139970
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #760017
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM