OIL ON TROUBLED WATERS DOES NOT CALM THE LEGAL SEAS
This article outlines what the author considers the major elements of the federal legislation concerning oil spillage from vessels and concentrate on selected legal problems which this legislation presents. This article will also comment on some of the legal issues raised by existing and proposed international agreements dealing with oil spills from vessels, and particularly tankers.
- Presented at the Philadelphia Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Kuffler, A J
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Legal constraints; Oil spill cleanup; Regulation; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill control; Water pollution regulation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00139965
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM