HISTORY OF UNITED STATES DEEPWATER PORTS
The Coast Guard is now engaged in the processing of two applications for Federal licenses to construct and operate deepwater ports in international waters off the coast of the United States. This paper will discuss the Coast Guard role in this vital area and how we arrived at this position both from the standpoint of the legislative history that made it possible, and the international tanker market forces that made the legislation necessary.
- Presented at the New York Metropolitan Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Viveiros Jr, G F
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Deepwater harbors; Legal constraints; Shallow draft ships; Single point moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Spm description and plans
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00139961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM