VALUATION REPORTS OF PROPERTIES SUBJECT TO THE REGIONAL RAIL REORGANIZATION ACT OF 1973
The properties of the seven bankrupt lines transferred to Consolidated Rail Corp. under the Regional Rail Reorganization Act of 1973 on April 1, 1976, were required to be assigned a "new liquidation value" under the Final System Plan prepared by the United States Railway Association. USRA and four consultants performed specific phases of the process and this report summarizes the individual efforts and presents a consolidated valuation. The basis is a scenario of steps the involved railroads would have taken and the timing of those steps if all were to set about abandoning all rail operation and dismantling and liquidating all rail properties. Involved are rolling stock, materials and supplies, facilities, land and buildings, and operating agreements, leases and other administrative assets. New liquidation value was $685 million with details of calculations given.
United States Railway Association2100 2nd Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20595
- Publication Date: 1976-3-1
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Accounting; Bankruptcy; Industry structure; Valuation
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Old TRIS Terms: Regional rail reorganization act; United states railway association
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00139958
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM