THE U.S. COAST GUARD MERCHANT MARINE TECHNICAL DIVISION: A REAPPRAISAL
An inside look at the Coast Guard's Merchant Marine Technical (MMT) staff begins with a brief history of its current organization. The logic and methodology behind the establishment and enforcement of vessel safety standards is reviewed. Several specific problems involving merchant marine technical operations which are of known interest to the maritime industry are discussed.
- Presented at the Joint Northern-Southern California Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Spence, W N
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Maritime safety; Policy; Safety; Standards; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: International maritime safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00139934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM